Founded in Cambridge in 1992, Breakthrough Greater Boston (BTGB) is a year-round, tuition-free program that offers six years of a academically intensive out-of-school time services to highly motivated, traditionally underserved middle and high school students in greater Boston.Unique to Breakthrough is the Students Teaching Students model which offers diverse, high achieving college and high school students the opportunity to teach classes, while benefiting from professional mentorship and research-based training.
After operating in Cambridge for more than 20 years, BTGB has opened a new site in Dorchester. This expansion will double the number of students and teachers benefiting from BTGB's successful college access and teacher training programs.
- Spirit: We cherish and embody the youthful energy and spirit of our students and teachers.
- Continual Learning: Everyone in our community has something to learn and something to teach.
- Team Together: We all chip in to accomplish whatever is needed for our teammates and the broader organization.
- Student Centered: Our students are our first priority and our decisions center around what benefits our students.
- Equity and Opportunity: We value diversity of identity, background and thought. We treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- Excellence in Everything: We maintain high expectations for ourselves.